Working at Law Compliance
From time to time, as a result of our steadily expanding business, positions become available at Law Compliance.
In keeping with our excellent service and product standards, and to complement our highly professional and knowledgeable team, we are committed to attracting and recruiting the best possible candidates for vacant positions in our organisation.
Advertised positions are featured here so watch this space!
If you would like to be part of our team and believe you have what it takes, please feel free to send your CV to email@example.com.
Junior Solicitor/Law Clerk
Law Compliance is on the search for a Junior Solicitor/Law Clerk to join our growing team. Law Compliance provides a legislative compliance service to a broad range of (profit and not for profit) industries across Australia, including healthcare providers, aged care providers, welfare organisations, supermarkets, resources providers, charities, education bodies from childcare to university, and various government agencies.
Our team summarises all Federal and State Acts and Regulations which apply to an organisation and then provide regular updates on any changes to them.
The role is a unique opportunity to work in a family friendly firm with flexible hours and the ability to work between our South Melbourne office and from home (with all necessary IT equipment being provided).
The work involves reviewing legislation, so sound statutory interpretation skills and attention to detail are key skills required in this role.
Role is ideal for recently qualified solicitors or law graduates undertaking their PLT.
Salary will be guided by your experience.
Initial trial (probationary) period of 3 months with subsequent 9 month fixed contract offered. Possibility of extension after first year.
Assist with the delivery and development of the Law Compliance products including:
- receiving legislative alerts
- determining which Acts and Regulations need to be summarised and updated
- preparing compliance registers, self-assessment questions, alerts and training brochures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within strict timeframes. (Compliance services must be provided on a quarterly basis)
- Ability to read and understand legislation
- Ability to write clearly
- Ability to work within a team environment and develop working relationships with team members
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Legal is currently seeking an organised, enthusiastic and service focused Secretary to support our solicitors.
Working from our South Melbourne office (with the ability to work from home on a part time basis), you must have advanced typing and formatting skills and be able to provide administrative support to ensure that all clients receive excellent customer service and all tasks are completed to the highest standards.
Experience liaising with IT departments is desirable, but not essential.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5+ years experience working in a legal or professional services firm
- Strong computer and technology skills including in MS Word (extensive experience in formatting of documents necessary), Excel and Outlook, with a high level of keyboard accuracy and knowledge of styles
- A “can do” and enthusiastic, friendly and motivated attitude
- A strong eye for detail and desire for accuracy
- Highly developed organisational skills, an ability to prioritise and work methodically
- Capacity to operate both independently, using initiative and self-direction, and as a team member to produce consistently high quality work
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment
The role is offered on a full time or part time basis and is an excellent opportunity for a professionally minded person to achieve a work/life balance. The option to work school hours is available.
Market salary depending on experience.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.